Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dedicated or delusional, you be the judge...

So my sweet baby girl is about to turn two, the party is planned and the favors are almost ready to go. 


I decided to make capes for all the little kiddies! I found a super cute pattern on http://applecyder.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/clever-little-cape/ and I took on the challenge of making 15 of them, at times I thought I'd lost my mind, but seeing the final product I couldn't be happier than to have put my heart into each one. 


So on applecyders blog she has a tutorial on how to make it and it's very easy to follow. 
http://applecyder.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/apple-cyders-clever-cape-tutorial.pdf 


Once you get past the first few you'll breeze through the rest.


I did orange & red or pink & red for the girls,


and green & blue for the boys.Each cape got the child's first letter ironed on... :) (p.s. I got the fabric from Value Village, I found some matching bed sheets and it happened to have been their 50% off sale so I think I spent $16 on the fabric)

I decided that the older one's will get cookies in a jar. I took the recipe from http://www.joyofbaking.com/CowboyCookies.html#ixzz1O5hLjyz9 and devided it in half to fit the jars. I also made some changes to what I added depending on what I had in my cupboards.


So at the end of the day I think the younger little super hero's will be thrilled and the older wiser bakers will be just as happy! I vote this endevour to be a success considering it's only the 2nd and her party isn't for another 10 day! GO ME!!! hahaha. 


Well that ends my first ever blog post, really I should be sleeping so I bid you all farewell and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment